University of Birmingham Dubai invites applications for BSc and MSc in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
The University of Birmingham, Dubai, is inviting applications for its BSc and MSc courses in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a multidisciplinary field that connects computing, psychology, neuroscience, philosophy, mathematics and linguistics. Using state-of-the-art facilities in the new, technology enhanced ‘smart’ campus, the degree programmes provide students with computing skills to enter industry, while also allowing them to acquire scientific skills in order to pursue research. The wide range of modules focus on areas of AI that interest students the most and will help kick-start a great career.
Both the programmes by the university have been designed in such a way that people even from a variety of academic backgrounds can get upto speed with AI and computer science without any issues.
University of Birmingham Dubai graduates are highly sought after by leading industry players, and the range of job opportunities available to them are infinite.
Programme delivery: With teaching being a joint exercise between academics on Dubai campus and Edgbaston Campus, the programmes aim to provide students with world class education. Students also have the opportunity to interact and work alongside students in the Edgbaston campus in the UK whilst they study at the Dubai campus. The BSc programme is a three-year UAE Ministry of Education accredited Computer Science programme making The University of Birmingham, the only British institution in Dubai offering three year courses. The MSc programme is the standard international course spanning across one year.
Course date: September 2022
· Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science BSc students with 75% from Class XII from ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra and West Bengal State Board or 80% from other state boards will be eligible to apply.
Mathematics: This course also requires students to have 85% or above in Mathematics in Class XII. If students do not meet the entry requirements for maths, they may be eligible to take a maths entry test.
· Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science MSc a four-year or a three-year bachelor’s degree in any subject other than computing with 55-60% from a recognised institution in India. Applicants can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Application process and admission details: Applications for September 2022 are open and there is no application fee. To submit an online application, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the course page.
Link – https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/departments/computer-science/index.aspx
The following information will usually be needed before a decision can be made on an application:
· One academic reference (or if appropriate to the programme applied for, it could be from applicant’s employer).
· Academic transcript(s) for all prior degrees – originals or certified photocopies.
· Personal Statement, approximately 5000 characters, explaining why you are interested in studying on your chosen programme.
· Certificate to show competency in the English language if English is not your first language and you have already taken a test (not mandatory to submit at the time of application). Students can be considered for a waiver.
Applicants may be required to submit further documents in support of their application.
BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science – AED 120,294 (Approx. £24,162 ) per year.
MSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science – AED 130,270 (Approx. £ 26,165) for 1 year full-time.